Hi.
There are no more excuses for my poor blogging skills--I am a lazy blogger, plain and simple. Sorry about that. I'll try to do better, but I make no promises.
Here's what I've been thinking about lately:
First, a disclaimer--I really, really enjoy my job. It's one of the few things that makes me happy to live where I do. But Doug and I do not plan to live in this soulless city forever, and so I am hatching plans in my mind.
One day, I would like to really branch out and try something absolutely different from my desk job, just to see what it would be like. Maybe I could branch out while staying with my current job, I don't know.
Here are the options that I've come up with so far.
- Director of a nonprofit performing arts troupe
- Artisanal cheesemaker
- Puppeteer
- Child beauty pageant coach (When I think about this one, I go into laughing fits--I'm not a proponent of the child pageants, but I think that I could teach kids some moves that would really shake up the pageant world.)
- Beat poet
- Travel agent
- Breeder of little Pekingese dogs
- Drummer in a community rock band
Let me know which of these you'd vote for. Did I miss anything?
Song of the day: "Somebody Loved" by the Weepies. MBC mentioned them on her blog a while back, and I concur with the praise.
2 comments:
I would totally go into business with you if you choose to be an artisanal cheesemaker. I've read some books.
I would like you to be a travel agent, so I could use your services, but I could not join you in that profession. I've recently discovered that too much trip planning makes me want to throw myself under a train. (But not a Greek train, because I can't figure out their schedules.)
As long as you come back all is forgiven. I will support you in whatever employment choice you make. I am known as the enabler.
Post a Comment