Hey kids,
So draft/cheese day came and went, and it was a happy time for everyone, I guess.
I was very excited to have a giant package waiting for me in the fridge when I got home. I summoned the troops, and we opened the box.
Beanchild was very excited about it, and so we opened it up, put it on the counter, and let it warm up to room temperature for an optimal tasting.
Because of its large and rather colorful appearance, The Bean started calling it the Sea Monster, and its presence loomed over us as it sat on the counter.
Tasting the cheese was a fascinating activity. I had a list of things I needed to observe and make note of, and I recorded them all in my trusty notebook. My raw notes went to the cheese makers, and a fancied up version will go on the magazine's blog for all to read and enjoy.
The most exciting part has been figuring out which foods pair with the cheese. It's a strong blue cheese, but it's not very sharp. I've been eating random things to see what I like the best: tomatoes--no, dark chocolate--yes. Another taster recommended Fig Newtons, so I'll have to try that.
I guess I'll be getting another sample in upcoming weeks. I can't wait! Until then, it's back to shredded taco cheese out of a bag.
1 comment:
I was glad to see you the other night. And The Bean is even cuter in person!
Congratulations (I guess that's what I'm supposed to say) on the cheese tasting project! Glad it made you do the happy dance. :o)
Post a Comment