OK, so that's not exactly true, but this does rank pretty high.
Yesterday, I stepped out of my office for a couple of minutes. When I came back, I had a message on my cell phone from an out-of-state number that I did not recognize. At first, I thought that it was a wrong number or a telemarketer or something. Then I thought that maybe, just maybe, it could be someone calling about the cheese tasting project that I applied for a few weeks ago . . . and it was!
After I closed my office door, did the dance of joy, and squealed a bit, I called Doug to tell him the good news. Needless to say, he was ecstatic (or something like that).
So, you may ask, what does this cheese tasting position entail? Well, Culture Magazine allowed its newsletter readers the chance to apply as cheese tasters for the newest product from Point Reyes Farmstead Cheese Company. Those selected (that would be me!) will receive 2-3 cheese shipments in the mail, along with some surprises. (Doug hopes the surprise is cash, I think it will probably be additional cheese, which is fine by me.) We have to take meticulous notes about each sample, and so I bought a brand new Super-Special Cheese Tasting Notebook, where my deepest, darkest musings will be recorded.
I believe that my first shipment comes on Thursday, and Doug is under strict orders to (1) not leave the house until the Fed Ex guy comes, and (2) have a full marching band ready to commemorate the arrival of the Cheese. He's cool with that.
There you go! That's my new and exciting adventure. I can't wait.
Song(s) of the day: "June Hymn" by the Decemberists. This is an NPR TIny Desk Concert, so you actually get three songs (for the price of one!), but I like the last one the best.
1 comment:
woo woo! Very exciting.
Post a Comment