Sunday, May 10, 2009

Getting to Know My Reader(s)

Yo yo yo . . .
As I have mentioned before, I have a blog tracker, which provides a (semi)accurate record of how many people read my blog and where they are generally located. Because of my tracker, I know that I don't have the most popular blog in America (or the 75,000th most popular blog in America), but I also know that my readership should not be measured solely by the number of comments I receive.

So here is a plea for my readers to leave a comment or say a little something. I'll even give you a topic:

I'm a big fan of quizzes, as my Indiana homies can attest to. One of the most interesting tests, as far as I'm concerned, is the Myers-Briggs test, which breaks everyone into one of 16 personality types. My personality type is ISTJ, or the inspector. When I'm reading the personality description, it's pretty much spot on: I like rules (Have you ever played a game with me? I'm the one who clutches the instruction book, reading it in whatever language it comes in to make sure that we are playing the game exactly as it's meant to be played, for fear that the game police will spring out of the walls and drag me away); I'm not a fan of large-group interactions and whatnot, but I'm a hoot once you've taken the requisite 4 1/2 years to get to know me; and I'm not so good at expressing affection and/or emotions. Those were all right. However, people with my personality type are also supposed to keep an immaculate home, which I do not--I guess I'm the mutant member of my personality group who's a rule-abiding, non-affectionate, loner slob.

Doug is an ENFJ--he's like Oprah.

Here's the deal: I would love it you took this little test (it doesn't take more than 5-10 minutes) and post a comment saying what your personality type is. Doesn't that sound like fun? You can take the test here. Enjoy!

No song of the day today--time for bed.

6 comments:

Kirsten said...

I am an INFJ. Which could change depending on how I answer the questions of the test. There is no chance for gradation on the answers, something I need, which probably tells something about me.

MBC said...

I'm an INFJ, but my N and F personality parts are less strong since working at the library here.

Shayla D. said...

I'm an ESFJ. I hope that's a good thing. :o)

E said...

Kirsten: I know how you feel. The questions can be interpreted several ways, but I think they may account for that by asking similar questions to see if you give similar answers each time. (P.S.--My word verification is "imoop." What do you think it means?)

MBC: So working at the library has made you cruel and heartless? My job has made me more impersonal and the grand enforcer of all rules. I think if I took the test for the work me and the at-home me, I'd get different results.

Shayla: I think ESFJs are the friendly, caring, nurturing people among us, so that is definitely a good thing!

Anonymous said...

So I guess Doug and I share one thing: our super-fun ENFJ personality! Surprisingly, I've taken this quiz 3 times in the past couple of years. Although I always feel like my answers are somewhat arbitrary (how shall I answer today??), and I've come up ENFJ each time...

Your biggest AZ fan!

Q. said...

I'm a INTP...

Kinda fits - a bit too well...