So I realize that sometimes, when you are in a cafeteria environment, someone may walk by and see what you're getting. He or she may even stand there for a moment, not really focused on your food, but thinking "That soup does look tasty, but maybe I'm in the mood for a basket of chicken fingers or a cookie. Or maybe I want soup, chicken fingers, and a cookie. Did I unplug the toaster?" (When I'm having random thoughts, they almost always end with me wondering if my appliances are unplugged.)
Anyway, a brief glance at someone's food choice is acceptable, but here's what is deplorable: hovering over someone (I'm the someone, if you hadn't guessed), while she is trying to ladle her soup into her bowl. It is very nerve-wracking to be glared at while you're ladling (is that a word? is it spelled right? did I unplug my laptop?). It's a miracle I didn't burn myself.
No comments:
Post a Comment