Wednesday, April 28, 2010

The Worst Birthday Song Ever!

Hi kids.
I'm still looking for my cheese book; it is my compass for navigating life's stormy cheese counters, and I'm kind of lost without it. I will be scouring the depths of my junk drawer tomorrow in hopes of finding more tasty delights to blog about.

The Bean turned two a couple of weeks ago. Around his b-day time, I was listening to a podcast where the people were talking about the number one songs on the day they were born. I had looked mine up before, but I thought I'd check it again. Here's mine:



I was born in a happy time, where funky music ruled the world and big hair was awesomeness.

Here's Doug's:


It's got a good beat, and I can dance to it. I give it a 92.5.

So naturally, my next undertaking was to find out what The Bean's birth song was. I'm not going to post a link here, because it's gross and definitely not a song for a two-year-old. Oh, where have the good tunes gone? Doug and I fear for his musical safety, which is why we've already taught him the words to "Sister Christian," "Eye of the Tiger," and assorted tunes by my heroes, the Bee Gees. I started looking through the number one songs for the last few years, and there really aren't any that are too great. If he wants, he can borrow mine. It's pretty groovy.

Hey people! What was the number one song on your birthday? Let me know!

3 comments:

MBC said...

Mine is 'I'm the one that you want' which is both a snappy song AND a good message to my parents that they had finally received the really good child.

stephicat said...

Mine is "The Best of My Love" by The Emotions. I wonder if they did other emotion-related songs?

E said...

MBC--You hit the jackpot w/ your birth song. A subliminal (or overt) message to the parents is a good way to go.

Stash--I hope that if there are more emotion-related songs, they're about boredom, rage, or some of the less popular emotions.