First, let me make a major announcement:
The cheese book has been found! I can return to my cheese hunting now. What joy, what bliss, what delight! It's like Lassie has come home. Actually, this week has unofficially become the week of finding lost things. First, Doug's mom found the remote to our portable DVD (yes, we have a DVD in our car--don't judge), and then Doug found The Bean's little Cars book that he reads at least 37.5 times each day, and then, when I thought there could be no more joy in my life, we found the cheese book. Armed with the book, I ventured out to buy items for my next tasting party. I will save the results of my tasting party for another day.
Thanks to a dear friend, I was able to have an impromptu tasting party (along with the planned one that I'll talk about next time). She gave me a lovely piece of smoked gouda, and I'm not lying when I say I went to bed thinking about that cheese and all of its smoky gouda-ness. Yeah, nothing says love like the gift of cheese (The Bean, if you're reading this, keep that in mind for Mother's Day!)I think I'll melt some of that gouda tonight; it's probably a tasty dream.
So if you've been a long-time follower of ye olde blog, you know that I'm a major fan of Kettle Chips. However, I ran into a slight snag when I realized that I wanted to be a healthier person and that a bag of Kettle Chips does not a square meal make. The snag is gone, my friends! I tried Baked Kettle Chips the other day, and they are wonderful. They are actually made from real potatoes, and they taste like real potatoes, only with less fat and salt than normal chips. I think I'll have some chips with my melted gouda.
Before I've planned a whole midnight meal for myself, I better stop the typing madness. But don't worry, a new cheese tasting experience, complete with a picture, will be here soon!
Song of the day: Anything from the Shout out Louds. I'm discovering them this week.
3 comments:
So, I just found out that Gouda is actually pronounce "how-da".
http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/9/9a/Nl-Gouda.ogg
I am not sure if I am yet willing to adopt this (vaguely disturbed) but I am glad you enjoyed it, independent of its pronunciation.
I was promised a new cheese tasting experience SOON. That was 18 days ago. Eighteen days!
I wanted to add a photo with my cheese review, and I'm terrible at the uploading. I guarantee that you will have an experience sometime before August.
Post a Comment