So, I'm supposed to be packing, but instead I'm blogging. I don't know if that's the wisest choice, but I made it, so I'll deal with the consequences. Yesterday was my last day of work, and it was also the day of surprise ambush packing by my lovely friends who not only brought boxes, a delightful chocolate cake, and mad packing skills, but also brought some great cheese selections for our last night in the city.
Our pal Q, wanting our cheeses to be both tasty and timely, brought cheese from Spain and the Netherlands--the homes of the World Cup finalists.
The cheese from Netherlands was called Da Vinci gouda; it had tomatoes and olives and kind of a mediterranean thing going on. It was semi-soft, lovely, and tasty, just like a gouda should be. I think I need to try it again to experience its full mediterraneanness.
The cheese from Spain was Manchego, a lovely hardish cheese. I think I'm starting to like harder cheeses better than soft ones. They have a bite and a saltiness to them that I quite enjoy.
I have to say, if we're going on what cheese I liked better, Spain will be your winner on Sunday.
No comments:
Post a Comment