So Doug, the Bean, and I joined some other merry hoodlums for a little vacation. I could talk about where we went and what we did and stuff, but I'm not going to. Instead, I shall tell you about some cool things that were revealed to me while vacationing that I like a lot.
Here they are!
1. The Nine, by Jeffrey Toobin. I am really, truly obsessed with the Supreme Court. If I hadn't been such a slacker in law school, maybe I'd be on the fast track to a nomination, but I'll never know. I have read other books about the Supreme Court, and they were good, but this one is fab-u-lous. It's a true, behind-the-scenes look at some of the more influential cases of the last 20 years as well as the justices who were involved. Believe me, people! This is a good read. If it's ever made into a movie, I hope I'm asked to play Ruth Bader Ginsburg--we look a lot alike.
2. Kit Kittridge: An American Girl. We watched this movie on HBO one night, and I really liked it. It's obviously a kid's movie, but pretty smart for a kid's movie, and I like shows that are targeted toward tweens where the heroine is smart and cool and dresses like a tween and has a nose (unlike those Bratz things). Plus, it's got Joan Cusack in it, and she's cool. Also, before the movie started, there was this documentary about kids in the 21st century understanding the Depression by talking to people who lived through it (because the movie takes place in the Depression), and this one 6-year-old boy asked this older woman, "Did you have salsa to dip your nachos in?" That's great film-making right there.
3. Chili cheese waffle fries. How I have lived this long without eating them, I'll never know. And I bet they didn't have these during the Depression either. Very sad.
I haven't listened to music in a skillion years, but the song of the day will return as soon as I hear a song I like.
2 comments:
I like it when you use the word skillion.
I will add The Nine to my reading list. Nothing like reading about the Supreme 9 to make one feel better. Did I just create the name of the Supreme Court band?
Today's verification word: dworth - the Dark Vader of the dwarf world.
Post a Comment