When I read Gourmet, I'm whisked away to a magical place where I would be allowed inside a five-star restaurant and even be able to pay for more than a side order of croutons. It makes me feel all classy and elegant, even when I'm sitting on the couch reading it in my Scooby Doo pjs.
Since The Bean's arrival, my copies of Gourmet have piled up, and I don't think I've made it past the July or August issue. But then, the December issue came in the mail, and it was the most beautiful cover ever.

Gourmet did a bunch of different covers with some of their different holiday cookies. I got the polka dot one and was so excited to open it up and actually read it! I took it with us on our trip, but Doug was sick the morning we left, so I was being an attentive wife instead of reading my magazine. The night before we left for home, Doug said he was taking all of the magazines out of the carry-on, because they were too heavy and I wouldn't read them anyway. I insisted we keep Gourmet, but then I allowed it to be jettisoned when I saw that my Care Bears trip planning folder was not going to fit.
And then we got to the airport, and right before we were ready to board, we were told there were mechanical problems. So we sat. And sat. And sat. I could have read my magazine cover to cover, but alas, I did not.
My magazine is still waiting to be read. Maybe I'll get to it over the holidays. Maybe I'll try a cookie recipe or two. Or maybe it will stay rolled up in my suitcase, never to be read and only to be admired.
Song of the Day: I heard that a Bee Gees musical is being planned in Las Vegas, so here's my favorite Bee Gees song ever. Sing along, won't you?
1 comment:
I'm just catching up on the songs of the day and this one made me so nostalgic for that day when you introduced me to this song and it made me laugh so hard that I fell off the couch. Aaaah.
Post a Comment