Friday, December 5, 2008

We can listen to Christmas music now.

We have a very interesting dynamic in our little family, because one of us loves Christmas music and listens to it pretty much all year, while the other one of us allows Christmas music to be played within a very well-defined time window.

You guessed it, I'm the time-window one.

Usually, I say after Thanksgiving is a good time to start the Christmas music, although I was a little more charitable this year and we started a bit early. It's not that I don't like Christmas music, it's just that there are only so many Christmas songs, and after a while, they get a bit repetitive. I just can't handle listening to the Christmas channel on the radio right after Halloween--having to hear "Little Drummer Boy" a few times a year is tolerable, but having to listen to it 17 times a day--for almost two months--as performed by a cavalcade of lite rock superstars gets to be a bit much.

What are your thoughts on the matter?

Song of the Day: "2000 Miles" by the Pretenders. Not a Christmas song, but a Christmas-y song.

4 comments:

Kirsten said...

E. I am with you. Not until after Thanksgiving, mostly because I think Thanksgiving gets the shaft most years because Christmas shopping seems to start right after Halloween.

MBC said...

All Christmas music is acceptable after Thanksgiving. Religious Christmas carols and hymns are allowed all year round.

I've tried to leave this comment 3 times now and it never works. If it doesn't work this time, I'm going to have to beat someone up.

peterson said...

I agree with you! I love Christmas music, but not until after Thanksgiving. All though, I did start listening a little bit earlier this year.

E said...

It looks like everybody is on my side--go team!