I always thought that, but now I have scientific proof! Here's the deal:
In order to have more quality time with The Bean, I work at home part of the week. On each of these days, I have to work for four hours. Although I usually start working in the morning, I usually don't finish until right before bed. Even though, after I complete my four hours, I will be dead tired, knowing that 5:15 a.m. isn't that far away, I will lie in bed and not sleep. I will think about work. I will think about trips. I will think about why I don't eat more Cheet-Os. But I won't sleep. I just figured that work gets me so wound up that it's hard to relax.
But no! There's so much more!
According to a magazine I was reading, using a bright computer screen will inhibit production of melatonin, which helps regulate your sleep cycle. Who knew? Not me. So anyway, don't use your computer right before bed, or YOU MAY NEVER SLEEP AGAIN! (Well, that last part's probably not true, but it might be true.)
Song of the day: Fortress Around Your Heart by my pal, and yours, Sting. This is one of my all-time favorite songs ever, although the video's a little odd.
1 comment:
I think this article explains so much. Thanks for posting about it. I always wonder why I don't immediately fall asleep on some evenings, and when I think about it, it is usually because I have just finished staring at my computer.
Post a Comment