Thursday, January 29, 2009

The year that was (kind of).

You thought that I vanished, didn't you?
Thanks to the 3 people who faithfully checked my blog (almost) every day, even though I haven't posted anything for awhile.

I'll try to be better at being a regular blogger. Let's see how that goes.

I was trying to come up with a 2008 Year in Review kind of a thing, and I realized that if I did a top 10 list, numbers 1 through
2 baskillion would be the birth of The Bean, so doing a list was kind of pointless. He's a good kid. I enjoy him and his wacky ways.

So I will skip all the way to item 2 baskillion and 5 on my list--the birth of my blog. It's been a momentous year with all the blogging and the babies and such. And thanks to the miracle of blog tracking software, I can report the following statistics:
--I had 639 visits to my site in 2008 (I know some people get that in an hour, but I cherish every visit!)
--My visitors came from the US, Germany (just once, though), and Scotland (thanks Kirsten for representing the UK!)
--I had visitors from 16 different states, with the top 4 being Utah, Colorado (although I think some of those were me even though I don't live in Colorado), Washington, and Arizona. The great state of "Unknown" also made the top 5, but I don't know where that is.
--Visitors from at least 28 towns in Utah read my blog this year. And if you are reading this from Bicknell, please reveal yourself! (That's probably just where somebody's IP address is for whatever reason.)
--Aside from people who have committed my blog address to memory or have it tattooed on themselves, I received the most visits from people who found me on Adam and Kera's blog.

So here's a big shout-out to all of my blog-reading homies out there! Thanks for keeping the dream alive!


Song of the Day: "Her Morning Elegance" by Oren Lavie. I LOVE this song. And I love the video, because it makes me want to grow my hair long and jump on pillows.

1 comment:

MBC said...

Your stats are probably higher than that, because no one reading your blog on an aggregator like Google Reader shows up on your stats unless they link over to leave a comment or something like that. You and your blog are more popular than you realize!