This week, I've decided to have a blog theme of "The Inauguration"--clever, I know. I'm even going to feature a special guest blogger, but that will be later in the week.
As you probably know, tomorrow's events will feature a special poem written just for the inauguration. And on NPR, people from all over the world have been reading poems that they wrote for the new president. I decided to join the mix and write a little something. I hope it reflects the beauty and seriousness of the occasion.
Change
by E.
Oh Barack Obama,
Did you ever ride a llama
Or go to Chuck-a-rama
Or sign up for the drama (club)?
Have you been to the Bahama(s)
or written with a comma,
I don't think you've met my mama.
Yes We Can.
I know, it's beautiful and touching--reflect on it for a moment.
Songs of the day: These guys made this 3-CD set called "Of Great and Mortal Men," that's got a song for every president. This is the NPR story about it, along with a few songs for your listening pleasure. Unfortunately, the Chester A. Arthur song isn't one of them.
1 comment:
You better send that one in to a poetry contest! I'd say it'd get you a Blue Ribbon! I LOVED it and it gave me a good guffaw for first thing this morning.
Post a Comment