I don't know what to make of this.
I try to listen to some (or all) of Morning Becomes Eclectic each day, and I often hear a song that intrigues me.
A couple of weeks ago, I heard a catchy little tune that caught my attention:
According to Nic Harcourt (the host of MBE), the singer, Lenka, didn't even have an album out, so I felt all cutting-edge and trendy. Well, imagine my surprise when my cutting-edge song became part of an Old Navy commercial! And then the Ugly Betty promo. Oh, well, when Corporate America comes calling, what do you do?
I was feeling deflated about my lack of coolness until I heard another song by a band that I'd never heard of:
Again, kind of quirky, kind of sweet, and KIND OF TURNED INTO A COMMERCIAL!!! If you haven't noticed, this tune is being used to sell iPods.
I don't even know what this means. I think I'll skip indie radio and just start listening to cool tunes like "I'd Like to Buy the World a Coke" and "Plop Plop Fizz Fizz."
1 comment:
I'd go with musical genius.
Post a Comment