What a wacky day (and night).
I always have a rough time getting to sleep at night, even when I know that I have to get up for work the next day. Last night, I was feeling pretty good about the fact that I was going to bed at 11 p.m. That means six hours of sleep before my 5 a.m. alarm---not too shabby!
But then, lying in bed, my brain would not turn off. I tossed and turned and thought random thoughts for about 45 minutes before I got up and read my bee book. Then (now, it's about 12:15), I tried sleeping again. Still no luck. I thought I would sleep in the guest bed--maybe being alone would help me focus on sleep. That was a good idea, but there were people outside talking! So still no sleep.
I'm guessing about 12:30 I finally succumbed. The alarm went off at 5:05, I got up around 5:20 and was doing alright but wasn't sure if I would survive the day.
Then, about five minutes before I left for work, the phone rang. Considering that it was 6:15, and nobody calls our home phone, I was tempted to let it ring. It was most likely a telemarketer or the wrong number.
But I picked it up, and it was a guy from work saying that there were water problems at the Place of Work, and we could not come in today.
Woohoo! Thank heaven for water problems! Actually, I'm not thankful for the problems themselves--water problems are bad. But I am thankful for being able to rest a little before starting my work-from-home portion of the day. It's like someone is looking out for me by letting me stay home today!
Hopefully, tonight I can fall asleep on my own so that the Place of Work doesn't have to be overrun by locusts or something.
2 comments:
How does one get hooked up with those particular Powers that Be? I would like to stay home tomorrow.
I'll see what I can do!
Post a Comment