Thursday, August 21, 2008

Four years is burrito.

Well, today marks the fourth anniversary of my marriage to Doug. I will never forget those tender words my father said to me on that day:

" Do you want to do this, or should I keep driving to Lagoon?"



Ah, the memories.



According to the list in my planner, acceptable gifts for the fourth year are books, silk, fruit, and flowers. Well, Doug got me a collection of cookbooks and a yoga book, so he did a good job. He also made me this lovely poster:



Wasn't that sweet? Because he had to go to class tonight, I was on my own for dinner, so I celebrated our love with some Taco Bell. Doug celebrated the fact that he didn't have to go to Taco Bell.


All anniversaries are special, but I'm especially excited for the 46th. According to my planner guide, that's the year you get original poetry tributes.

4 comments:

Q. said...

Congrats!

(Though Lagoon would have been interesting...)

MBC said...

Happy Anniversary!

(Who's the guy on the poster? Should I know him?)

E said...

He's one of the All-American Rejects. They were on this giant "Got Milk?" poster that Doug got from his school.

Anonymous said...

Had to go back a few days to see "THE POSTER!" Must say it is very lovely :) And while I'm pretty positive the man's not someone Eric (Doug) works with I can't be positive it's not someone he's locked in the padded room before :)