A long time ago, when I was but a mere college undergrad, I started a little poll within a mailing list I was on. Every Tuesday I'd send out some random question and get delightful responses.
Well, now that I'm in the blog world, I can extend my polling talents to all of cyberspace (even though only 3 people read my blog). So watch this space every Tuesday, because a new poll question will be here JUST FOR YOU!!!!
Today's question:
If you could remove one word from the English language (formal or slang), what would it be?
If I could remove a word, it would be "bling." That word really annoys me.
What word annoys you? Share your feelings, people!
5 comments:
Though it has its origin in Yiddish: shmooze.
I always think of sleazy politicians when I hear this word.
"you know" does that count as a word? Honestly, there are some people who would be unable to speak if this phrase was removed from our vocabulary.
I've been thinking, thinking, thinking and I can't think of any words I want to oust. I do want people to stop using the word anxious when they mean eager, though. That's been bugging me.
Oooh, I thought of one. Hubby. Hate it!
Anywho. Hate it! (Sorry, I know this is a little late, but I'm just catching up.)
Post a Comment