Wednesday, August 20, 2008

Shattered Dreams

First of all, welcome to my blog. I hope it's nice and cozy.

Second of all, I've been watching a lot of the Olympics recently. Doing so has made me realize that I was never given the chance to reach my full athletic potential. In what sport, you may ask? (Since competitive eating and the sleeping marathon have not been officially recognized as legitimate events, I can see why you'd be a little perplexed.)

One word, people: BADMINTON!

Yes, I was quite the little badminton player in my 8th grade P.E. class. I think I could have really made something of myself if only given the chance. But I never was, and now all I can do is watch other, far less talented athletes revel in their Olympic glory. Oh well.

I told Doug (not his real name) about my badminton talents, and he scoffed. I've challenged him to a duel this weekend. If I can't beat him, maybe we can form a mixed doubles team.

4 comments:

Kirsten said...

Your first post demonstrates exactly why you should blog. Funny. Those badminton players in the olympics are crazy scary. The event I saw last night that made me ask, really, this is an olympic sport, dressage. Look it up, and be amazed.xxb

MBC said...

Yay! Welcome to the blogging world. And, yes, you were absolutely robbed of your rightful badminton glory.

Q. said...

I don't know - when i see those players set up for each point i think are they playing badminton or getting ready to skewer each other...

E said...

Kirsten: Here are my two thoughts on dressage: 1) The horse, not the person, should get the medal. Maybe it could be a medal made out of oats or something. That sideways trotting was kind of cool. 2) If that is considered an Olympic event, why don't they have dog shows in the Olympics?

MBC: I know my blog will never be as cool as yours, but I'm giving it a shot!

Q: I haven't watched too much of the Olympic badminton. It's just too painful . . .