This is the weirdest thing about my office:
We have an adequate selection of office supplies. If I need Post-its, I can get some Post-its. If I need a red pen, I can get a red pen. But, if I need a plain old, run-of-the-mill, number 2 pencil, I might as well be asking for a pony.
I really don't know the reason behind the office pencil shortage. All I know is that there is a little cup in with the other supplies where you can sometimes find a little pencil that's been sharpened down to a nub or something else that will work out.
One day, I hit the motherlode. I was searching through the cup and found this great pencil that was still about 75 percent of its original size. It was silver with pink and purple flowers. I sharpened it and took care of it. Oh, how I loved that pencil!
This morning, I got to work and went to get my pencil out of my pen and pencil caddy. It was gone! I yelled (to myself) and moaned and groaned. My beloved flower pencil had been taken from me! I'm still distraught about it.
I rifled through my desk and found a nice,relatively new, number 2 pencil that worked just fine, but it wasn't the same. I'll miss that little guy.
1 comment:
Pencils have become like typewriters. You don't realize they are still needed until you are in the middle of a crisis that requires one.
Post a Comment