Monday, November 24, 2008

Bad Hostess!

A long time ago (like August), I was a young and naive little blogger. I made a promise to myself, and to my blog readers, that I would always acknowledge comments made to my blog, because I have felt the pain of commenting to a blog or bulletin board or whatnot and not receiving any response. When that happens, I quickly enter the self-doubt phase, where I'm all "Did my comment show up? Maybe it showed up and it was stupid. No, maybe it showed up and I deeply offended someone. Or maybe all of these people reading my comments are getting together on another blog specifically designed to mock ME."

As you can see, I'm not too good at positive self-talk. Anyway, I vowed that I would never put anyone through the nervousness of leaving her thoughts out in cyberspace for all of the world to see without any recognition.

And yet, I've done it time and again. I love your comments. I welcome them. In fact, I wish I got way more comments! But sometimes I read them, smile, say "right on, sister friend (or brother friend, if you're Q)" and move on with my life.

So please know that even if I didn't respond to your comments on my blog, I responded in my heart.

Song of the Day: The original song of the day was quickly replaced with Tragedy by the Bee Gees. I dare you to listen to it without doing a little head and shoulder bob and then breaking into a crazy falsetto. Give it a shot. (Plus, the video is the karaoke version--how awesome is that?)

2 comments:

Kirsten said...

E. no worries on my end if you don't respond to my comments.

How do you find your songs of the day? You do respond to questions, right?

I love the Bee Gee video. There are some many things to laugh at. The fact that his voice sounds like a women, the rattle man in the background wearing MC Hammer pants, and so much more.

I do admit, my head did start to bob, but I didn't start to sing along.

E said...

I'm responding! Go me!

Basically, the songs o' the day are whatever I'm listening to at the time or a new song that I like or something that's stuck in my head for whatever reason.