I hope that, once The Bean gets older, he doesn't look at all of the other kids who have cute scrapbooks and handmade what-nots and feel slighted because his mother is seriously lacking in the domestic arts department.
In an attempt to prove that I have some homemaking skills, I have decided to "go all Martha Stewart" (as The Bean's pediatrician says) and make baby food. I believe that this is one of the most cathartic, enjoyable projects I've done in a long time. It started as a friend get-together activity and has just blossomed from there. It's a relatively easy process. Follow along, won't you?
Step One: Get fruits and veggies (usually the kind that people are giving away, fresh from the garden) and cook them so that they're soft.
Step Two: Puree the foodstuffs with a little bit of liquid. (Water's OK, but the liquid they were cooked in is better.)
Step Three: Pour the puree in ice cubes and freeze.
Step Four: Remove frozen cubes and put in freezer bags. They keep for about three months.
Step Five: Defrost as needed, and enjoy!
The Bean has yet to try my tasty creations--he's still working on cereal, and I'm not industrious enough to ground my own grains. I'm also never going to puree meat. If The Bean wants beef, he'll have to order a cheeseburger.
No comments:
Post a Comment