Hi blog friends.
I am a big fan of streaming audio and also a big fan of public radio. Now, I know that not everyone is into NPR, and that's OK, but public radio is a lot more than that. There are tons of great programs out there. There's comedy, talk, news, sports, car repair, all genres of music, and a ton of other cool stuff.
If you're a public radio fan (or would like to be), then I highly recommend Public Radio Fan --it's a fitting name, don't you think? This site is cool. You can make a list of your favorite programs (mine include Prairie Home Companion, This American Life, and World Cafe), and then you can find out when they're on and what stations play them. And, if there's something playing that you want to listen to, you can usually access the streaming audio directly from the site. You can also add your favorite public radio stations, and you can see what programs are on at any given time.
Check it out! And, if you have any recommendations for good programs and/or stations, let me know!
8 comments:
E. - Our team on the hill...
At 2min, they had to get a TD, convert a 2pt play get back the ball and get a FG!!!
They showed they can play in the clutch!
Not pretty, but got the job done…
(Did you watch the game?)
I didn't watch the game, I was watching the debates like a good American.
But I saw the score and squealed a bit. Doug thought something bit me.
It was H. Night - so we also watched the debate.
I'm a little disappointed that there wasn't a Palin train wreak. I want to see more Tina Fey spoofs!!
Honestly though, even though her performance helped get the media off her back and helped get the McCain campaign back on track, which in turn hurts the Dems, I'm glad we can refocus on the financial crisis at hand and the important issues at hand...
When we getting together to pass out campaign fliers? :)
No flyer-passing for me. Because of my job, I must maintain political neutrality. (I can still vote, though.)
I guess you can always pass out fliers for both sides.
Or the voter information pamphlet...While Doug and and I rally all five Obama supporters that actually care enough where we live.
I think Doug's going to campaign for Superdell.
Other programs I like:
Kitchen Window
Wait, Wait, Don't Tell Me
NPR recently put together NPR: Food, too, which is a podcast of a few of their cooking/foodie segments.
Oh, and Hearing Voices. I like that one.
MBC--I knew you'd give me some good suggestions! I have Wait, Wait, Don't Tell Me on my faves, but I didn't know about the food stuff! I will be checking that out!
p.s. -- Have you listened to Folk Alley? It's a good internet-only station,and it makes me think of you.
Post a Comment