Thursday, October 30, 2008

A little poem.

So today I had planned on talking about my early voting experience, but I've been feeling melancholy (for no good reason), and nothing heals the melancholy like a good poem.

Instead of finding (or writing) an actual poem, I decided to take the easy way out and use this lovely random generator that uses parts of my blog to create a poem. So, it's like I wrote it even though I really didn't.

So, without further ado, I present my poem. I will call it "Slurpees are Love."

I work for the Day. or a friend
activity and immediately following
The best fries ever.
Posted by E
at being earthy Illness. Happy
household.Event number
one: Posted by notice
the images will probably
not a few years.


It's beautiful, I know.

Song of the Day: "I'm Alright" by Kenny Loggins. I have never seen Caddyshack, so maybe I'm missing out on some of the song's deep meaning, but it's a good song to hear on the radio at 6:45 a.m. when you're on your way to work and thinking about heading for the state border and calling in sick. Kenny got me through the hard times.

2 comments:

stephicat said...

E - that poem is absolutly lovely. :)
I don't understand the deeper meaning of Caddyshack and Kenny, but his song can cheer me up at anytime. I'm glad he came through for you.

MBC said...

I just tried to make a poem (because yours is so touching), and it won't work! Don't taunt me with appealing technology and then deny me the joy of its use.